While cleaning yesterday I came across this great pile of rocks
We collect them for unique size and color. My older son and daughter have even began to try to identify them. The rule however, is that whatever you pick up you have to carry. That has not stopped many pounds of rock from coming home with us .So today's work for me Wednesday tip is rock souvenirs, there fun, there inexpensive and they work for me.
For more works for me wednesday go visit our host at Rocks in My Dryer

6 comments:
I had never thought about that, my kids LOVE to pick up rocks.
Great idea!! Happy Wednesday - our tip is up as well!
Yeah for rocks. My kids would right the place and date on some of theirs as well. My Mom would like to collect interesting wood as well for old trees, especially those that have been in water or bug eaten (cute little holes). Whenever I have been by the ocean I like shells of course. Great tip!!!
In high school, I started picking up rocks on international trips (1 per country). I passed the collection (a whopping 2 rocks!) on to my parents when I moved out and they keep it in their fountain. On my most recent international trip, the area didn't have many rocks, so I picked up an "empty" snail shell. I soaked it in bleach water and sprayed it with Lysol, then kept it in a zip-lock baggie to ensure that it was empty. I gave it to my folks, but a few days later they sent me a photo of it, crawling up the wall above their fountain alive & well. Yikes! I'm going back to rocks, not shells, even if I think they're empty.
Yup, we've got a collection too!
I love rocks! We have several very large (read: heavy) ones from our trip to Canada that we took as a belated honeymoon. It is definitely a unique souvenir, isn't it?
Post a Comment