
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too?
I thought I was the only one!"
~ C.S. Lewis ~
So many of my meaningful friendships have started with that thought! Amazing how common ground creates a bond whether born in misery or in laughter. Three different friendships come to mind when I ponder this quote. Each coming from very different woman at varying times times in my life.
My first "kindred spirit" as Anne of green gables says was Hopiq. She came into my life early on in my teenage years. We experienced first boy friends, camp life, and collage together. My prayer parter, she encouraged me to walk with God during those all so crucial days of high school. We spent many an hour laughing, dreaming, and talking. She encouraged me in ways that she will probably never realize.
(Hopiq and I 1992)
"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no-one to help him up!"NIB Ecclesiastes 4:10
My friendship with my other precious friend was born over the common denominator of toddlers. Many a phone call could be heard with these word " You will never believe what just happened" And the other saying "Oh yes I would" We held each others arms up during our first phone calls to poison control, While pondering the mystery of the missing sock, and sleepless nights spent holding teething babies. We laughed at the cute things our kids said and cringed at the not so cute things they said as well. We no longer live in the same town but when we pick up the phone we always can start where we left off.
NIB Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
God saw fit to bring another very special friend into my life. She is older and much, much wiser. We are both the oldest daughters of huge families and value family very much. She has already waked through parts of life that I am just beginning to walk through. My dear friend has taught me much about the value of laughter and seeing the humor in life. Being very real she has walked through the fire, endured the pain and come out a shining example of a women of who has experienced the grace and mercy of a loving heavenly Father. She has taught me to pray God word for my family. I am so honored to call her my friend.
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no-one will malign the word of God."NIB Titus 2:3-5
I'm so thankful for the the gift of friendship. I am also so thankful for Gods gift of friendship. The comman denominater being His Son Jesus.
NIB James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.
NIB Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
For more thoghts from other bloggers or to participate on this quote go visit our host over at Christain Woman On Line . Blessings!
I thought I was the only one!"
~ C.S. Lewis ~
So many of my meaningful friendships have started with that thought! Amazing how common ground creates a bond whether born in misery or in laughter. Three different friendships come to mind when I ponder this quote. Each coming from very different woman at varying times times in my life.
My first "kindred spirit" as Anne of green gables says was Hopiq. She came into my life early on in my teenage years. We experienced first boy friends, camp life, and collage together. My prayer parter, she encouraged me to walk with God during those all so crucial days of high school. We spent many an hour laughing, dreaming, and talking. She encouraged me in ways that she will probably never realize.
(Hopiq and I 1992)"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no-one to help him up!"NIB Ecclesiastes 4:10
My friendship with my other precious friend was born over the common denominator of toddlers. Many a phone call could be heard with these word " You will never believe what just happened" And the other saying "Oh yes I would" We held each others arms up during our first phone calls to poison control, While pondering the mystery of the missing sock, and sleepless nights spent holding teething babies. We laughed at the cute things our kids said and cringed at the not so cute things they said as well. We no longer live in the same town but when we pick up the phone we always can start where we left off.
NIB Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
God saw fit to bring another very special friend into my life. She is older and much, much wiser. We are both the oldest daughters of huge families and value family very much. She has already waked through parts of life that I am just beginning to walk through. My dear friend has taught me much about the value of laughter and seeing the humor in life. Being very real she has walked through the fire, endured the pain and come out a shining example of a women of who has experienced the grace and mercy of a loving heavenly Father. She has taught me to pray God word for my family. I am so honored to call her my friend.
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no-one will malign the word of God."NIB Titus 2:3-5
I'm so thankful for the the gift of friendship. I am also so thankful for Gods gift of friendship. The comman denominater being His Son Jesus.
NIB James 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend.
NIB Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
For more thoghts from other bloggers or to participate on this quote go visit our host over at Christain Woman On Line . Blessings!
8 comments:
Wow. That was awesome. I didn't even realize that there are so many scriptures that we can apply to the topic of friendship. God gives friends for so many reasons. Well done.
Excellent post. The scripture references to friendship are bang on and powerful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I agree! Very powerful scripture!
That is great! I do love the scriptures!
Friendship is such an amazing thing! Thank you for sharing this!
Heather
Sweet thoughts. Reminded me of your mom. Two of the dearest friends I have ever known are HopiQ's mom and your mom. I don't think they will know until eternity just how dear.
BTW, love the hats. The picture looks like it was taken while you girls were at college?
Yes, The picture was taken during our first year of collage. They are both Hope's hat which she graciously shared with me.
Thanks for stopping by to visit! You'll have to post more on your blog soon. I know your an excellent writer:)
Dearest friend, tears are streaming down my face! The Lord certainly knows exactly what we need and when...way back then and during every moment today. He blessed me with YOU!!! Friendships are precious treasures; gifts from God, and as I was reminded today, not to be taken for granted. "Every good and every perfect is from above and comes down from the Father of lights in whom there is no shadow of turning."
Post a Comment