
I love going to garage sales. Even more exiting is finding a treasure at one. I found this battered old WW2 cook book in the midst of a collection of books. Opening it up I discovered that it was put out by the Garden Club of Princeton. The price was right at .10 so I promptly picked it up and took it home to do more research. My favorite method of learning about treasure finds are to Google it. I learned that that the victory gardens were promoted and thought of as a duty during that area of conservation, recycling and patriotism. This enabled more supplies to be shipped out to our troops overseas. It made me look forward to my produce from my little mini-garden. The chapter titles reflect the rationing and shortage of some supplies There is one section entitled Sugarless desserts. There is also meatloaf made with peas instead of meat and chocolate chip cookies made with 1/2 cup honey instead of sugar. As I try some I might try posting a few recipes so stay tuned:)
1 comment:
Very cool! I love old things, too. Sounds like some interesting recipes.
Post a Comment