Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mom's Vacation Bag



I completed my vacation bag. Its made with the same Simplicity pattern that I used on Anna's Bag. I think I'll use it before vacation though:)

3 comments:

lindiepindie said...

Hi Voni! Thanks for commenting at Bagaholics Anonymous. I use interlining for the bottom of my bags which offers quite a bit of sturdiness, but it is still flexible. I've seen other bags that have a piece of cardboard placed in the bottom, but I have never done this myself. Another thought is thin wood, cut to size, but then the weight is increased. I've also used a plastic grid mesh used for embroidery, and have had some success with it. I like the interlining because I can sew through it on the machine. Email me if you have any more questions or ideas! Are you a bagaholic? If you'd like to contribute to the BA blog, I can send you an invitation as well.

I like your vacation bag - definitely should be used at the first opportunity. :o)

HopiQ said...

NICE! I'm getting anxious to get started on a little sewing myself...I've got to be patient! I'm getting ready for that wedding Saturday. Fun, fun!

Your sidebar is lookin' good! How did you get that list of Family Life Blogs going? I would like to index my past blogs as well.

Love ya, love ya!!!

lindiepindie said...

I think removable cardboard is a great idea - it takes away the issue of the bag getting wet. You are SO smart! I'd love to hear how it goes.