Friday, June 23, 2006

Beauty From Ashes-A Promise of Hope


"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."NKJ Isaiah 61:1



This is one of my all time favorite verses. It is the promise of hope to those that have been hurt, wronged, feel that their lives are in ruins, and are just down right depressed. Have I ever been ther and done that! The promise is one from God that he would send his Son to be our blessed healer, to be our victory hero, the one one who free's us from our bondages. How thankful I am that He can take our ashes and make them beautiful. He can wrap his arms around those that hurt. He Can take us from the depths of despair and cloth us with desire to praise Him for his goodness. Then on top of that he can take our broken pain filled lives and use them to His glory.

I would love to hear your favorite encouragement verse. Please Share:)

5 comments:

HopiQ said...

I love this passage, too! The two passages that come to mind first are Jeremiah 29:11 and Isaiah 41:10. John 15 is wonderful to me. A challenge and a comfort.

Looney Mom™ said...

Joshua 1:9 BBE - "Take heart and be strong; have no fear and do not be troubled; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Thanks for your encouraging words. I really am learning as I go and it helps to have other Godly women sharing whatever wisdom God has revealed to them.

If you would like to be my Blog Buddy, please and let me know!

Looney Mom™ said...

Sorry... That was supposed to be "If you would like to be my Blog Buddy, please sign my guestbook and let me know!" but the links get messed up on the comment section sometimes for some strange reason...

;)

susanwalkergirl said...

Hey Voni,

There are so many passages...and it seems like God bring one to my attention to focus on just when I need it most.

One of my all time favorites is Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

Currently in the midst of my tribulation God has laid upon my heart 2 Chronicles 20:17 - You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

And thank you for your comments on my site. When I got home yesterday...I saw your comments...and God used them to touch my hurting heart.

I look forward to getting to know you via your blog. Also visited your friend Pastor Tim.

Lord bless...Susan

Katherine@Raising Five said...

One of my favorite passages for strength and encouragement is Psalm 18:31-36. God is my rock, He girds me with strength, makes my way perfect, His right hand holds me up, His gentleness (I love that!) has made me great. It ends with "You enlarged my path under me, so my feet did not slip." I so need Him to help me to stay on the right path.

Thanks for sharing encouraging words! I enjoyed looking around your blog. Great job - keep it up!