Tuesday, August 22, 2006

You know your a parent when.....

  1. You have no clean clothes. They're all covered in food, Kool-aid, and snot.
  2. When your collection of diapers and wipes is the most important item in your house.
  3. When you have fished at least one thing out of the toilet.
  4. When you hear the toilet flush and a nervous laugh
  5. When you have to install a new toilet because you were unable to retrieve object.(all true by the way!)
  6. you start "baby talking" to your husband and others
  7. you know YOUR babies cry in a nursery full of crying kids.
  8. . you can ignore wining.
  9. you can hold the baby in one hand, talk on the phone, and empty the dishwasher all at the same time.
  10. you find yourself blowing on your own food to cool it off. (like you do for your baby when its hot)
  11. you still wake up (out of habit) in the middle of the night.
  12. Also you look in your purse and find Babies or Ponys in it.
  13. You don't have a purse, your purse is your diaper bag
  14. When you get your husband food and then cut it up in little piece's, then relize it's not for your child.
  15. You ask your husband if he has to go potty.
  16. your toilet is never flushed.
  17. You go to a restaurant not because of the great food but because they have a kids eat free night

......................................

I asked my EBC Alumni friends this question "You know your a parent when...." This was a few of their replies. It made me smile so I thought I would share it with you all. How would you answer this question?

4 comments:

Trisha said...

This is such a funny post! A good bit of them apply to me- especially about my diaper bag being my purse. I don't need anyhting else to lug around, but it is so embarassing when the diapers and baby toys go flying as I dig through it trying to find my wallet. I would have to add, you know you are a parent when you watch THE WIGGLES and sing along! (not that I personally do that, heavens no!!) Thanks for stopping by to see me and you are welcome back anytime!

Paula said...

We really did have to replace our toilet when DS dropped a container of eyeshadow in it and it became permenantly lodged. We couldn't even get it out with a special plumbing device.

Thanks for the good laugh today--I needed it!

rena said...

Great post! I'm a little late on visiting, and glad I caught up with you! You know you're a parent when you start counting your age by their birthdays instead of your own.

Gina Conroy said...

Yep, I'm a parent!