Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Blessed Controller


Here is another one of my all time favorite verses.
"God....is the blessed controller over all thing, the king over all things and the master over all masters"1 Timothy 6:15,Ph
Who is in control? Me? Well sometimes I act like am and try really hard to be. God's Word says that I'm definitely not in control.
Though I fight his control. The bottom line is that when I surrender to his plans(his will) I find that there is security there. Why? Because an all powerful God is ordering the world. Even the world leaders. Whew! What a relief! Can you imagine what the world would be like if Voni was in control. Yikes! If you have seen my house at times you know that it would be utter chaos.
I love that He is our Blessed Controller. JI Packer wrote"contentment is essentially a matter of accepting from Gods hand's what He sends because we know that He is good and therefore it is good" Understanding and accepting are two different things. We can't always understand because we are not in control of the big picture. But we can accept because we can trust that God is in control and that His plans are for good.
Your turn now, I would love to hear one of your favorite encouragement verses or one that God has been using in your life right now. Blessings!

5 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh that is so true. Now why can't I just remember that!?!

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh... forgot: thank you so much for your prayers. What an encouragement. God bless you and have a wonderful day.

Paula said...

Ps. 119:89, 90
For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations...

I'm so glad that God never changes!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

rena said...

Very true..thanks for the reminder.

HopiQ said...

Thank you for the encouragement! I needed that this week.