
We flew through three open houses at school in three different buildings in the matter of an hour tonight. Our time limitation due to a church board meeting and the fact that we are down to one vehicle because our faithful car is in the shop. So we hopped from one building to the next in record time.
I've really mixed emotions about all this. Sad that the my baby is off to school. But secretly exited that for the first time in nine years I will have a couple hours just to myself. I was looking at my baby and thinking that this time has really gone by fast. Her backpack looked huge on her as we took all her supplies in and got her settled in. It made me feel better because she is still little:) I'm thinking about volunteering in the classroom. I haven't been able to tell now.
2 comments:
I'm right there with you. My baby went to K too - started last week. I missed him for a while, but then I realized how nice it was to have a while to myself. I actually got more done and it felt good. You'll be OK and so will she. It's hard to let them go a little at a time as they reach those milestones. I'm here for you. ;)
I kept my 5 yr old home (summer bday) this year. I am such a sappy mom. She probably would have done fine, but I just couldn't do it. Yours will be just fine - enjoy your time!
Post a Comment