
Today was a VERY busy day. My very busy preschooler and I went grocery shopping like we do every two weeks in a bigger town thirty min. from here. We picked up siblings from school on our way home and I had began to put away our mountains of groceries when I discovered I forgot the cat food. Being totally out, I decided to go to our local Dollar general and get poor kitty his food. Every one once again piled into the car. Pulling out of the drive, I looked backward and discovered that my five year old daughter had blood all over her. Quickly pulling over I asked how it had happened. "Emma put her tongue on the railing Mom" I winced inside knowing that its five degrees out and our railing is metal. "how did you get your tongue off Emma" I asked. "I pulled it off" was her mumbled reply.
Did you know that tongues bleed a lot? Emma's bled for about 30 min. I even called our family physician who said I could bring her in but there wasn't anything that I could really do from home.
A hard lesson learned. Never put your tongue on cold metal.
4 comments:
OH NO! the poor girl. i bet she'll never do that again. ouch!
yikes! Poor Emma!
I can envision your little Emma experiencing her environ..."why not use the tongue to try out something cold. It works with ice cream. Right?"
OUCH!! I thought you were going to say she was eating cat food!
Post a Comment