Friday, October 06, 2006

The Workaholics 23rd Psalm

The Workaholics 23rd Psalm
By Edward J. Vasicek
The Lord is my Foreman, I shall not rest.
He makes me mow down the green pastures.
He leads me to generators besides rapid waters.
He wears out my soul.
He shoves me to conferences for my schedule's sake,
Even though I walk through the Vally of relaxation,
I fear no chance to rest;
For my feelings of guilt, they haunt me.
Thou dost prepare a work table before me.
In the presence of my comrades.
Thou hast filled my mind with worry;
my workload overflows.
Surely busyness and pressure will follow me,
All the days of my life,
And I will run to and fro
I the house of the Lord forever

3 comments:

Lala's world said...

oh man sad how many times that is me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. Isn't it amazing how often we live like this? When the Lord offers perfect peace and rest...

Anonymous said...

You come up with the best quotes. Love this one - sad but true. May you find REST today (me too!).