Monday, October 30, 2006

Flat on my back

John brought home the lap top so I could blog:) Iv'e been flat on my back for almost a week now. I can't stand up for more then a a few minutes at a time. I go in for an MRI on Wednesday and to a back Dr. next week. I messed up my back pretty good this time and have been in a lot of pain for over two weeks.
Things I've done while on my back:
  • Played over 40 games of Uno with Jake
  • Read lots of Golden books to Emma
  • watched a bug crawl around our ceiling twice before the cat got him
  • Thanked God for a very faithful husband that has been dressing children, getting them to school, cooking meals, cleaning up messes, and laundry.
  • Read The Great Divorce by C. S. Lewis . I loved this quote

I do not think that all who choose wrong roads perish; but their rescue consist in being put back on the right road. A wrong sum can be put right: but only by going back till you find the error and working afresh from that point, never simply by going on. Evil can be undone, but it cannot "develop" into good. Time does not heal it. The spell must be unwound bit by bit, with backword mutterings of dissevering power. CS Lewis

  • Realize how nice it is to have the abilty to do mundane thankless jobs like laundry.

I would love to hear from anyone! If you get a chance drop a reply. Yes, this is a plea for people interaction:)

5 comments:

Mrs.A said...

Oh dear. I wondered why your blog was silent for so long. I'm not sure what you did to your back. Back injuries like muscle pulls and pinched nerves can be very painful and debilitating, but most of them will heal themselves with time and patience. We will pray for you.

jenica said...

Oh Voni, so sorry you are in such a state! Is it any better? Is there anything that can be done? I'll pray for you to be back on your feet soon!

Looney Mom™ said...

OH NO, Voni! I'm so sorry. I guess it takes something like that to put into perspective that having THINGS to do is a good thing. Praying you'll be up and around soon. You can only play so many games of UNO! And yes, what a sweet man you have there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is awful! I was on bedrest for 16 weeks with my 3rd baby. I thought I was going to go to the looney farm (this was PRE-internet days - can you even imagine??). I love that CS Lewis quote. I think maybe I need to be doing some backward mutterings of dissevering power when I ask my kids to clean their rooms!

Anonymous said...

I'm at the libary...I hope you get a chance to let us know how your MRI went. LOVE YOU!!! I'm praying.