Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ebaying!

I've been ebaying like a crazy woman for the last few days! It started getting cool so I thought that it would be a good time to start posting sweaters. The day after I posted it got up in the 80's here. Isn't that the way it goes. Maybe by Sunday it will be cold again:) My Ebay auctions
I'm trying a shipping gimmick. We'll see if it works. Win four auctions will ship for free(In the US) That might work better around Christmas. Never hurts to try though.

9 comments:

Roo said...

way to go! you 21st century mama!
i have never ventured into the ebay world. i heard it's fun. maybe one day. :)

Laurel said...

Yay Voni! :-)

I haven't ventured into ebay yet either, but hearing you and Everyday Mommy talking about it recently has me thinking I should get brave! How do you handle the packaging/shipping thing? Logistically, I mean. Boxes? USPS or UPS? etc

Laurel said...

btw, the lot of girls 4T clothes has me interested. Are there any dresses/skirts in it?

voni said...

Go for it Laural. There is a market for used clothing on eBay. You have a lot of inventory I'm sure:) I wonder if there is a way that we could market modest clothing. There seems to be an interest. I think someone could find a niche doing that on eBay. That would be a great eBay store if you could find the time. You would have to find a way of advertising and marketing to that group.
I keep my "inventory" in storage bins. Used clothes I sort out at the end of the season. Some clothes go back to relatives some are recycled through eBay. sometimes I times I have clothing given to me. I take out what the kids will wear and resale or disperse the rest to someone else that can use them.
I have a friend that just goes to goodwill and second hand stores and buys jeans. She resales them on eBay. And does good! eBay has been a blessing to our family. Its helped over the hump in the month more then once:)

voni said...

For shipping. I only sell as much as I can keep track of:) EBay is very good at helping you manage your auctions. I have a set fee because its easier to manage but others will will actually weigh their packages and factor the actual shipping cost and plus the cost of the packaging and handling. EBay has a tool to help you with this when you are setting up your auction.

Laurel said...

Thanks, Voni! I've really been casting about, looking for "fields to buy." I think that it's so important that we not ignore the industriousness of the Prov. 31 woman, ya know? Balance. It's such an important priciple, and sometimes very difficult to find. Thanks for your encouragement in this - maybe this could be my vineyard! :-)

Looney Mom™ said...

I need to get stuff on auction too SOON! I've got LOTS just waiting for me...

rena said...

You have guts! I'm such a chicken newby when it comes to buying stuff on line. Some day. Meanwhile, enjoy your ebaying.

Lala's world said...

oh man I have avoided going to e-bay....cuz I just know I would become addicted!!