Monday, July 24, 2006

Vacation Custer State Park & Mt. Rushmore


We went to Mt.Rushmore in the evening. Partly because the Temp was over 100 degrees and because we wanted to see the lighting ceremony. The program was very inspiring and patriotic. Before the program we were able to take trails to underneath the faces. I was there as a teen and was not able to do that at the time. So going up so close was an exiting experience. We had $3.00 ice cream cones:) Well worth it as they were the largest cones I have ever seen.

Going on a Buffalo Hunt. Our fearless hunters spot their first signs of Buffalo


Oh, look there the are! Hundreds of them. We just had to take a gravel back road.

closer...


Closer.....
Whoa Nellie, Thats to close!
We also saw wild donkeys, prairie dogs and antalope.I highly recomend the park if you ever get over to that area. The park ranger says the best time to come is after five this time of year.
I'll post more later when the the blogger picture thing is working:)


3 comments:

HopiQ said...

SO glad you're back! Love the pictures. I know you all had a wonderful time. Talk to you soon.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I would love to go - haven't been since I was 10 and still have fond memories. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Paula said...

Wow! I've never been out to that part of the country (or anywhere else, for that matter). Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Blessings,
Mrs. C