
Move over Rachel Ray! There is a new cook on the block. One of Emma's favorite thing to do in the morning is to turn on Dora the Explorer after her older siblings have gone off to school. As soon a Dora concludes she quickly switches over to the cooking channel where she carfully watches cooks prepare their fine feast. Yesterday, while I was in the ladies room, she decided to experment with her budding interest in the culinary arts.
Emma's Recipee
One piece of D'Italiano light bread
Two heaping handfulls of strawberry jelly
About sixteen squirts of butter spray
Intructions: Take one piece of bread, and two handfulls of jelly and shake unto slice of bread. add butter squirts till you see mom come out of the bathroom. Then put down butter and wipe hands carefully on the seat of your pants. Wa La Emma's strawberry butter sandwich.
Last night, while thinking about how frustrated I was about that experence, I decided that I needed to put her interest, zeal, and boundless energy to good use. So pray for me as I try to include Emma in more cooking activities:)
3 comments:
Hi, I had to laugh at Emma's Escapades. I have a 3 year old grandson, a 5 year old one, and a 9 month old one...all my son's sons. What one doesn't think of, the other does!!! : ) They are such a delight!
I was reading your profile and we have much in common. My daughter Jan's favorite movie for about 20 years was "Little Mermaid". She watched it over and over. I used to close my eyes and listen to the sounds in the movie trying to figure out what mesmerized her so(she was like a 2 to 6 month old)....there were so many water sounds going on and Ariel's voice was shrill....Jan just never tired of that movie.
Also I love all of Beth Moore's studies and have done most of them. ALSO, I love Fernando Ortego's stuff with "Just Give Me Jesus" being my favorite. I have listened to it over and over...I attended an Anne Graham Lotz crusade in Calf last year and fell in love with the worship there. I played "Just Give Me Jesus" every Sunday for my Sunday School class for weeks as we did a study on John. It is just neat to see how God is working in other believers hearts as He creates in us the character and design He saw in the beginning....and coming from a 55 year old grandma..I would have never dreamed this Oklahoma gal would be communicating by computer with an Iowa gal in 2006! WOW!
What a cutie! I, too, must have patience when my children want to 'help' in the kitchen. But it will be so worth it one day when they feel confident in kitchens of their own.
You will have to keep us updated on this creative girl! :) What a delightful story!
http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com
Post a Comment