Thursday, February 15, 2007

Supernatural

"Could it be God has given you a platform of suffering from which you can be witness of His power and grace to those who are watching? Because if we always feel good
and look good
and lead a good life:
If our kids always behave
and our boss is always pleased
and our home is always orderly
and our friends our always available
and our bank account is always sufficient
and our car always starts
and our bodies always feel good
And we are patient and kind and thoughtful and happy and loving, others shrug because they're capable of that too.
On the other hand, if
We have splitting headache'
the kids are screaming,
the phone is ringing,
the boss is yelling,
The supper is burning.
Yet we are still patient, kind, thoughtful, happy , and loving, the world sits up and takes notice. The world knows that this kind of behavior is not natural.
Its Supernatural "
Ruth Graham Lotz


So today.......
Even though the heater is broke in the car....
My baby is sick......
My husband will gone till late tonight with church meetings................
That's right!!!! I can do all things through CHRIST who GIVES me STRENGH
We can Trust that God is Infinite .........
He is infinity good.
He is infinitely powerful.
He is infinitely in control of ALL things
Our souls can find REST in this........ I'm truly supernaturally infused with HIS STRENGH

"My soul find rest in GOD ALONE;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress. I WILL NEVER BE SHAKEN
Psalms 62:1-2

"I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength
Philippians 4:13"




4 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

That is one of my favorite Psalms. It starts out "My soul finds rest," then later it says "Find rest, oh my soul." I am constantly having to tell my soul to go back to the source! What a beautiful reminder (and I love that R.G.L. quote - it's so true!)! Thank you, Voni.

Looney Mom™ said...

The problem is I'm not very "patient, kind, thoughtful, happy, and loving" even when things are not completely falling apart. I really need to turn that over huh?

Anonymous said...

oh how true this is!

Tricia said...

Hi Voni, I found your blog through Allison and just had to tell you what an encouragement your post was. I so needed to read that today....it was supernatural that today was the day I visited your blog!